I'm trying to use tfm in as wife-friendly a mode as possible and would give anything for more "configured" control over when the vpn commands are and are not run.
To give a couple of use scenarios (I have proxy needs as though I'm in the USA):
1. From MCE Main menu, enter tfm and choose BBC1.
2. Exit tfm and choose "internet TV" or anything else that DOES Not need proxy/VPN services.
3. Reenter tfm and choose HULU
If one does that kind of stuff, tfm is often setting the VPN and not killing it and thus one or more of the scenarios fails. Further, on e can easily get into a state where one doesn't know the VPN state - and for wives and kids, this takes us to a less than optimal place.
The winning solution might be:
1. all tfm tiles have a "country tag". (I suspect that exists now)
2. tfm keeps track of home country and "active/vpn'ed" country
3. users can configure Open and Close VPN pairs, per country [for now, maybe US and UK PAIRS if its easier, but the logic expands with the programming content].
4. tfm also has a a ON ENTRY command and a ON EXIT command (that activate on entry to tfm and on exit from tfm)
5. in TFM if a chosen tile has a different tag to th active tag, the CloseThatCountryVPN command is run, and the OPENVPN command for the Tile's country is run.
6. upon entry to tfm, the ON ENTRY command is run (and tracked as a variable, so it its active, its not rerun)
7. upon exit the ON EXIT is run (this one is really important, to ensure cleanup and known state of exit).
This small combo would turn tfm into an absolute multi-nation capable powerhouse. Any chance?